Christchurch is central to all that the Canterbury Region has to offer. Set on the expansive Canterbury plains between the Pacific Ocean to the East, Snow-capped Southern Alps to the West and the volcanic hills of Banks Peninsula. Within a short distance of the city you can stroll through beautiful Botanic Gardens and Hagley Park or take a tour of the 165 hectares which can be enjoyed all year round.
Christchurch is the South Island’s largest city making it a great starting point to base your South Island holiday, with all the different transport options available.
The TranzAlpine train departs Christchurch for Greymouth, West Coast at 8.15am. There are two shuttles that leave for Greymouth; Atomic Shuttle departing 7.15am and the West Coast Shuttle departing 2.15 pm
See and Do Highlights
- Hear the past, present and future stories of Christchurch on a guided tour, either by traveling on a double Decker bus, walking ,biking or by Segway Enquire Now
- Willow Bank Wildlife Reserve – New Zealand’s premier Kiwi viewing experience where the Kiwis are ‘Not behind glass’ you are guaranteed to see one, embark on a journey through the history of New Zealand. Enquire Now
- Ko Tane Maori Experience and Guided Kiwi Tour – The South Island’s only Maori cultural performance and show, Ko Tane performs within Willowbank Wildlife Reserve and through them you will learn the relationship between Maori culture, wildlife and conservation to give a real “Kiwi” experience. Book through Greymouth i-SITE and get an exclusive discount. SAVE $30.00 Per Person on Ko Tane, Hangi Meal, Reserve Entry and Guided Kiwi Tour Enquire Now
- Orana Wildlife Park – Experience the ultimate animal adventure at Orana Park, New Zealand’s only open range zoo. See New Zealand’s only Gorillas, hand feed the Giraffes, meet the Rhinos up close, observe Kiwi and experience the awesome Lion encounters. Book through Greymouth i-SITE and get an exclusive discount. SAVE$2.00 off Adult and Child Entry Enquire Now
- Alpine Jet – Experience the spectacular scenery of the Waimakariri River canyon and thrills of the world famous Hamilton jet spins! Feel the excitement of true New Zealand jet boating commentary and great photo opportunities. Departing daily, bookings essential Enquire Now
- Transitional “Cardboard” Cathedral designed by Japanese architect Shingeru Ban opened in August 2013 and has become a symbol of innovation, hope and inspiration for the city. Open daily
- Why not go check out New Regent Street with its Spanish mission architectures style is a central city gem with cookies, jewellery and whisky just some of the treasures to be found.
For further information on Christchurch, please contact the Greymouth i-SITE 0800 767 080 – email email@example.com
View accommodation and activities in Christchurch.